Friday, November 5, 2010

Even youths grow tired and weary!

You know those days. Your hands and feet ache for no reason. You feel like you haven't slept in five days even after 8ish hours. The dishes loom like evil monsters on your counter. The toys have multiplied from 50 to 2000 on your floor, daring you to see if you can walk over them repeatedly without tripping. The poop in the diapers smells worse than normal. The snot doesn't stop dripping from little noses. Oh, and there's nothing ready to eat. YOU HAVE TO MAKE IT YOURSELF.
 But lest you think God is not on your side and there can be no victory over these mundane trials, this is what happened to me on such a day:
1. An unexpected call from a very dear friend and mentor.
2. An unexpected care package from one of my best friends in the whole world.
 3. An unexpected visit from the best mom-in-law ever dropping off some daily bread =: )
And to top it all off,
4. Wonderful parents who babysit so Ed and I could have an awesome date night at a Hibachi grill, where they not only cook the food fresh in front of your face with fun tricks and flare, but they CUT IT UP for you so you don't even have to use a knife!!
  So if you find yourself too, like we all do at times, overwhelmed by the trials that face your particular life (little and large), be encouraged that Jesus knows our every weakness, and he knows EXACTLY what we need to have our joy and zest for life renewed. He is our #1 encourager and provider of ALL good things!

  "Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall, but those who hope in the Lord shall renew their strength..."

And here is a little something to make you laugh via my Dad. You will enjoy this and hopefully laugh as much as I did.  Paul Zerdin Ventriliquist

Oh and a few pictures of the cuteness that I wake up to each day:
"Luke, what does a fish do?"

Until next time...As one of my favorite Rich Mullins songs goes: "Peace to you~ peace of Christ to you!"

3 comments:

  1. Oh, dear Charis...
    Yes, yes, yes...I know of what you detail in your first paragraph. I equally know of tangible expressions of love from our Father's storehouse of kindness. Those 'little things' come at precisely the right time and let us know we are NOT forgotten. Thank the good Lord for people who sense His nudge and DO SOMETHING about it!!! I want to be one of those people too.
    Luke, and his fishface, are supremely kissable.
    Evan is growing leaps and bounds! Wow, even just a few short weeks from seeing him, and he looks so much bigger. That newborn stage is waaaayyy too fleeting and we barely remember it as we were living in a sleep deprived funk during it!(not fair!). :)

    I hope you and the fam have a GREAT weekend!
    Love,
    Jeane`

    ReplyDelete
  2. And likewise, where have I been????????????? Your life is enchanted. I will call you tomorrow about plans!

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love how you highlight that a plus to your day is someone else cutting up your food for you and then cooking it! hahah

    you give me laughs! thankyou :)

    ReplyDelete