Monday, February 28, 2011

I'm Flying!

It will never cease to amaze me that no matter how your day, week, month, or year is going, a part of a song can all at once transport you back into another world. You know what I mean. For me, this happened absolutely out of the blue last week when I thought I turned on Winnie the Pooh for Luke, only 5 minutes later to hear the music of Peter Pan, the Broadway musical, ringing in my ears. (The wii must have been hooked up, since we get netflix through that). Anyways, after hearing the end of

Tender shepherd, tender shepherd
Let me help you count your sheep:
one in the meadow, two in the garden
three in the nursery, fast asleep.

Listen here if you care to go back 20 years when this was made (or more)!


I decided to sit down and enjoy a musical that I seriously had not heard of or thought of in, oh, 15 years, and yet I could still remember most of the words. Scary!

I'm flying (flying, flying, flying)
Look at me, way up high, suddenly, here am I
I'm flying

Never mind Peter Pan is a girl! As I watched  I had my sisters and brothers there with me, long ago, watching and singing along in our living room with me. Seriously, I skyped my sister in Seattle to watch a smidgen with me =: )

What musicals did you grow up with? What songs make you magically 15 years younger?

Cheers~

No comments:

Post a Comment