Do you want to have some pumpkin pancakes too? Yes? Well, roll up your sleeves, put on your apron (or not), and enjoy a brisk, beautiful morning flipping a few with your kids! Enjoy!
P.S. Just don't go publishing this, as I will definitely be putting this in my cookbook (that I'm compiling in my spare time... to be finished in oh, let's say, 5 years).
The Best Pumpkin Pancakes EVER:
Serves 4-6
1 1/4 cups buttermilk (or milk with 1 TB vinegar added, I do both and it doesn't make much difference)
2 Eggs
1/4 oil
1 cup pumpkin
~ Mix above together in a large bowl with a whisk, then add:
2 TB Brown sugar
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. allspice
1/2 tsp. salt
And whisk until thoroughly blended. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased skillet or griddle set on medium heat and cook for 3 minutes per side, or until deep golden and cooked through (don't cook too high or too fast because the inside will still be wet and the outside overdone!)
Gobble up!
Have a great morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment