Friday, October 5, 2012

"Be careful!"

I was just lying in my bed last night thinking of all the things I didn't get done, all the things I did get done, just, you know, things, when my mind starting thinking about my children. Baby Kelly, cute as can be, Evan clinging to me with all the zeal a little two year old can knowing his days as my baby are pretty much over (although I still rock him every night...I/he just can't give that up quite yet). Then I thought of Luke, and, I don't know, something hit me. He's not even four and already we've been dealing with the sin starting to come out. It scares me. It scares me how I handle it (most of the time in a sinful way). It scares me how Evan copies everything he does. Everything I do. SIN. It's just plain nasty and I'm scared for my children growing up in this awful world. How on earth am I going to be able to do this? Parent these little cuties so they aren't sucked in to all the sin this world will throw at them every second? How?! Ahhh! God help me! How!?

So that's exactly how my thoughts spiraled downhill in no less than 2 seconds. It's amazing how much can go through your mind in such a short amount of time!
And then it came.
Immediately, I might add.
In the still. In the quiet. The only sound audible is husband's soft breathing.

 BE CAREFUL. 

Somewhere tucked away in memory from 20 years ago:
"Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise,  making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." Ephesians 5:15-16

Does God meet us right where we are? YES! Does he speak to us when we cry out to him? Yes indeed! Those are his words to me: BE CAREFUL.

Then, words from the kids little cd of songs: 

"Stop! 
Christ is speaking.
 Stop! 
Children listen-
every boy and every girl in the corner of the world- 
you gotta stop! 
and listen to the Lord!"

So this is me sharing my challenge - no, Christ's challenge- of being careful, most careful, how I raise my children. Taking every opportunity to love them, cherish them. Yes, the world is evil. But I must take heart, because Jesus has already overcome the world! But it is so hard, and it will take everything I have to raise these children to love God. Everything I have. But Jesus has already showed me how to do it, I just got to be careful and obey him. Lead by example.

"Everywhere and every way, 
every minute of the day,
 you gotta stop
 and listen to the Lord."

 He'll always show me the way. 

 Plus I have an amazing husband to help me do the job! 


Time to go give Luke some one-on-one jumping on the couch cushions time...Thanks for taking time to hear how God is working in this mom's life...
Til next time~ God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment