At any rate, as fate would have it, I was driving my dad's truck this past Thursday, (that's another story) and he had the radio tuned to a Reading station on which was playing an interview with the conductor of the Reading Symphony Orchestra. Very interesting. Then they mentioned the concert for Saturday and I thought, why not? And, how can I go? With a poor sick mother and a tired and not-too-overly-thrilled-at-classical-concerts husband, I decided to invite the one man that fueled, paid for, supported, and still to this day encourages my passion for music. My dear father. Just the two of us on a memorable evening out!
On the program? Some amazing piece I had never heard of before by a man I had never heard of before, Grieg's A minor piano concerto (which I played...can it be...10 years ago with this very same orchestra), and Dvorak's New World Symphony!! What a great 2 hours for my ears and my heart and my sanity being restored! Uh, well, at least temporarily...
PLUS, half time proved to have a delightful surprise hidden in it as I literally almost bumped my dear friend Kate whilst in line for my peanut M&M's. How special to run into a friend somewhere where you're pretty sure you won't know a soul! (Like when you run into friends at Hershey Park randomly!) Plus she was with a friend who I had never met before that was also sweet and lovely. Plus, they had a lovely reception in the third floor ballroom afterwards where we all got to eat SWEET STREET!!
Ok, break for a snotty, crying, sick baby...Transpire 4 hours...
Now I'm so tired I don't trust myself to form any kind of beautiful sentences so I will leave you with a few pictures to prove my story true. And a few more simple sentences that even Luke could read.
It was grand. I love my dad. I love great music. That guy's name is William Wolfram. He is tall. He plays a mean piano. Dvorak's melodies at times remind me of Star Wars. I love mini eclairs. I love Kate's hair. The end.

You look so nice, friend! Glad you had a great time! Dad & Daughter days are the best!
ReplyDelete