Thursday, October 14, 2010

Business and Pleasure

This is the week of a good friend's first anniversary, and with it came the recollection of the cake I made her, which got me thinking how long it's been since I've made a cake for someone (or myself for that matter). I've been dying to make a pumpkin cake lately, but due to the pumpkin shortage I've been unable to do so until this week when, joy of joys, I found pumpkin in the store! And since when it rains it pours, I also got a 'baby pie' pumpkin in our produce share this week, so pumpkin cakes, and pies, and cookies, here I come!!

But I also wanted to share a little taste of what I've made in the last year, so if you know anyone who's getting married, I'd love to get my hands back into some cake and fondant soon =: )

 This cake was for Robyn and RJ, who've been married over a year already! Congratulations guys!

 I didn't know the girl I made this cake for, but she married an Asian dude, and therefore the real bamboo border. And let me tell you, thank goodness I have a handy man for a husband, because we had to use the meiter saw to cut that stuff!

This lovely invention was all Dee's idea for her cake, who's anniversary is this week! 
Happy anniversary Dee and Zeb!





This pumpkin cake was for Luke's 1st birthday. Can't believe the little guy will be 2 in a couple weeks! AHH!





This is what happens when the handsomest man ever (i.e. my husband) comes with me to set up the cakes. "Let's take a picture of you with the cake...just one more, ....just one more..." But I think this is the only picture of me with my work other than Rachel's cake 12 years ago (or 13? whatever). This was for Blonnie and Joe's January wedding...thus the snowflakes. Miss you guys!

This was the last wedding cake I did in April for Jenna and Phil. Jenna picked out the flowers and ribbon. Simply lovely, don't you think?

One of my life goals is to have a real wedding cake business. How awesome would that be? You deal with sweet food, creative beauty, and the chance to make a couple smile on the happiest day of their life.
WIN WIN.

Perhaps next time I will post one of my favorite cake recipes...Until then, enjoy this beautiful time of year!


2 comments:

  1. You can do it Charis. Your cakes are boss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very beautiful Charis! I'm glad that you have photos of them all, and that Ed got you with one of them! :) xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete