Thursday, October 7, 2010

Something to wet your whistle...

This is a pie I've made 3 times in the last month, so I thought I'd share this new favorite with you. I would never have thought adding sour cream to apple pie, but on my last day at Shady Maple my coworker made this in honor of me (it was the beginning of October that I had to leave too, so prime apple season!) It's absolutely delicious and good warm or cold. Enjoy!

Sour Cream Apple Pie



1 unbaked pie crust
5 -6 apples, peeled and sliced (about 5 cups)
1 cup light or regular sour cream
2 eggs
1/2 sugar
2 TB. flour
pinch salt.
~ Combine sour cream and next 4 ingredients, then gently stir in the apples. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, mix together:


3 TB. brown sugar
4 TB. flour
4 TB finely chopped pecans or almonds
1/2 tsp. cinnamon or allspice
3 TB. soft butter 
~ Sprinkle topping on partially baked pie and return to oven for another 30 -35 minutes, or until topping is nice and browned and apples are tender when pierced with a knife. Cool for an hour at least and refrigerate leftovers.

1 comment:

  1. looks yummy. I look forward to hearing more of your baking secrets.

    ReplyDelete