Monday, December 6, 2010

Something I am truly happy about...

Don't expect this to be 'deep' or anything. But sometimes something that could be frustrating, annoying and bothersome turns out to be not so. You know when an appliance breaks, it always (following Murphy's Law) has to break when it's the day before Christmas, or the husband isn't home to help deal with it, or there's no money in the savings to fix it or buy a new one...Well, my friends, the God who created the universe and set the stars in motion ALSO cares about our every need and has shown His providence, amidst all his other more important tasks, in our refrigerator needs.

It could have been a lot worse, but it went so smoothly I wanted to post about it.

Our old fridge has had some problems for a couple years, and suffice it to say, it decided to officially die the day Ed went on a business trip for 5 days. No biggy, there wasn't much in there and I have an extra $10 yard sale fridge downstairs. So leg exercise went in for the next week until he got home. Then I searched before Thanksgiving for a good black Friday sale and found one at Sears for cheap! PLUS First Energy/ MetEd is doing this appliance program where they'll haul away your old appliance AND pay YOU $50 bucks, and if you upgrade your appliance to an energy star rated one they'll pay YOU $50 bucks. Total cost for brand new fridge? $400! Amazing!

(That seems like a ton to me, but have you shopped for fridges lately?? Normally they are Mucho bucks!)

All this to say we have a new, beautiful, clean fridge IN OUR KITCHEN that WORKS! I'll tell you what, I won't ever take my dear white fridge for granted ever again. And now on it's white walls I'm gathering all my Christmas pictures. So if you send me one I will look at you everyday, just so you know =: )

P.S. there are only two circumstances in life that will ever warrant my refrigerator being this clean. 1. when my fridge dies and all the junk needs to be removed and it needs to be cleaned so awful smells don't ensue whilst I wait for it to be picked up, and
2. When I get a new fridge and it COMES THAT WAY!

What can you be truly happy about today? Even if it's a simple thing, remember God loves bringing pleasure to His children in big and small ways. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment