Thursday, December 30, 2010

Celebrate the Family

So two things hit me square in the face this Christmas season-

1. How much I love the family I married into. I am really, truly, completely blessed that my husband is wonderful and comes from a wonderful family that I thoroughly enjoy. This is a good thing too because I spent a lot of time with them this Christmas, and enjoyed every minute of it! I love all you O'Connells out there! And congratulations to my 'little' brother Matt for popping the question to this awesome young woman named Leah. Can't wait to call her my sister too =: )

2. How much I MISS TERRIBLY my family, especially as this was the first Christmas I can remember being so bare of my own Diamantopoulos clan. I DID, however, get to see JD and Sarah and their adorable girls in early December (see below), and I DID get to see Peter and Laura on Boxing Day, and I WILL see my sisters in the end of this month, so it's not as bad as it seems. Still, change is strange. Fun side note: it is now possible on this amazing thing called Skype to view 6 different families in 5 different states in one awesome hour =: )
Ellie on the left was born in March, and Penelope is a little older than Luke.
                                                  See what I mean by MISS TERRIBLY!?

Hope you had a good Christmas season too. Isn't it a comfort to know that God sent His angels to shepherds (poor, cold, and lonely) and Wise men (rich, comfortable, smart) alike? No matter who you are He came for YOU. No matter what you've been through He lives for YOU. One of the songs that really touched me anew this year (probably because I just had a baby boy) was "Welcome to our World" by Michael W. Smith:

"Tears are falling, hearts are breaking, how we need to hear from God!
You've been promised, we've been waiting; Welcome Holy Child!"

May your heart welcome HIM. 

 These were the brothers that were home for Christmas



Happy New Year!

4 comments:

  1. I loved being given a peek into your Christmas world, although I felt for your 'sparse' Diamantopoulas situation!!! (And since it's such a quiet (NOT) gang, I'm sure their lack of presence was particularly noticable.)
    Love to you!!!
    J.
    PS. Did you cut your hair, as seen in last picture? It looks lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family is truly beautiful, Charis! I feel so privileged both when I get to read your take on them and when I get to spend time with you and the rest of the gang. Happy New Year to you, Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we missed you too!!! exciting news about Matt and Leah! hope the sister's weekend comes quick and you all have a blast, miss you

    ReplyDelete
  4. miss you too! thanks for the update and the pics! can't wait to see you and your boys! :)

    ReplyDelete