Friday, January 28, 2011

Ode to my husband...

My husband is a rare find. Handsome, hardworking, knows how to have a good time, handsome, LOVES playing with the boys, handsome, loves learning, goes to the grocery store for me, adventurous, makes breakfast for me, handsome, ....

Recently I've been overwhelmed by indeed how wonderful he is, and how much I have learned from him, and how much more I still need to learn. He just started a new job in which he works longer hours and has had to work the last two Saturdays, and even though he's probably more tired and overwhelmed than I can imagine, he comes home and shovels without complaint, runs to the grocery store for me without complaint, reads Luke at least 8 books before going to bed, and tells me he loves me everyday. Did I also mention he's handsome as anything I could ever dream up?

If I had to do all the work he does, being tossed into a job full of unrealistic deadlines, and all the home stuff he takes care of, and only getting 6 hours of sleep sometimes, I would be a wreck. A very cranky wreck. I'm the one that has it 'easy' in comparison.

So my goal? Cherish every minute I have with him. Stop complaining about how tired I am looking after two little boys. Help him. Show my appreciation more. So many times I find myself comparing my worth to his in our little family, who does more, etc. SILLY! God made man and woman on purpose, and it does take two, doesn't it? One thing is for sure, I would NOT have such a wonderful life if it wasn't for him.


Luke is "done, bath!" He even knows how to let the water out. Time to go!

Have a wonderful day, and remember with me to cherish the family and friends in our lives~

2 comments:

  1. what a beautiful post. so encouraging! i am with you...overwhelmed by the awesomeness of my husband, thankful that God designed us this way, and placed us together, and for the immeasurably wonderful friends and family i have in my life...and i count you high on the list, lady! xoxox thank you for listening the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love visiting with you Melissa! You are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete