Saturday, February 19, 2011

Highlights of January

Some people hate January. It is always the sicky, cold, icy, dreary, long, dark month after the happy and festive December month full of family and friends.

This January was particularly full of colds and coughs and tired, cranky, teething children as well as a tired, cranky momma, who uttered shallow but nonetheless heartfelt prayers of "help, Jesus, help" just to drag herself out of bed.( It did not help either that Ed started a new job, which we are very thankful for, but the downside is he works til 7 every night and Saturdays too...boo!)

But amidst that month were some wonderful glimpses of sunshine, which you can peruse below. I was especially excited to see some friends I have not gotten to see in far too long. Friends from college days, and gung ho (how in the world do you spell that) musicians to boot!

We'll start with the cutest little guy first...Evan is now 6 months and has a tooth! And he loves to bounce as you can see:
My dear friend Kelly (who sings like an angel) came to visit me right after Christmas. Luckily her mother-in-law lives 5 minutes away so hopefully we'll get to have visits every now and then =: )
 Two friends from Houghton (that I haven't seen in almost 4 years), Lily in the middle, and Chelsea on the right, met me at an Olive Garden in Collegeville before going back to North Carolina where they are both studying for masters degrees in voice. How wonderful it is to sit and chat for two hours eating white chocolate raspberry cheesecake and talking about music, school days and old friends, music, God, and more music!! What a treat:

 This sight is enough to warm my heart several times over on the coldest of winter days:

 I was trying to get a picture of his tooth, but this is the best I could do:
 At the end of January, after Ed came home noticing how 'sharply' guys dress at Worley, I decided to take matters into my own hands and go buy him clothes (since he didn't have the time to do it). I hit the jackpot! Not only did I buy him 5 whole outfits that match, look nice, soft, ON SALE, etc., they FIT him AND he likes them! Check out my handsome other half:
 This is what Luke and I did (emphasis on I, although Luke dictated to me what to draw) one particularly dreary cold day - we made cards. Although I must say I cannot draw worth beans, so I pretty much copied from one of our favorite little kids books called "Barnyard Dance" (thanks to Rebekah!)
 And yes, when there are not nice walks outside, and no playgrounds to be had, and no friends available for playdates, and too much snow and ice to make anything outside the door possible, we watch movies. (What did people in the olden days do without WordWorld and Pooh????) I need to tell you, much to the chagrin of my husband, that these boys even enjoy Pride and Prejudice because there's so much dancing!
Now that February is almost over, I've got to now think about posting about some of the highlights of this month....I'll get to it eventually. Right now a snack and some baby crying is calling my name. Until next time...

Hey, only one month from Monday until the first day of Spring...We can do it peoples!

1 comment: