Not me. I belong to those souls that thrive on living our eating adventures.
I think about food.
I talk about food.
I watch shows about food.
I like looking at recipes. Even if I don't make them, I just enjoy reading them.
I like planning menus, even if at this point the 4 course meals never happen, who says I can't dream?
I like growing food. Well, I should say, planting and watering and watching those little veggies grow! I would not rob God's thunder by taking credit for something I truly can't even do (or understand). It really is a marvel that our creative God made so much to eat with so much variety!
And last, but not least of course, I love to eat!
So here's a sample of some of my latest food adventures, in all their sweet and savory glories:
This order last weekend was for a frog and turtle themed baby shower...honestly, I've never made a 'turtle' cake before, but it didn't turn out too bad. Luckily there's a lot of people who have made frogs and turtles out of icing and cake before that I could look to for inspiration. Thanks google images!
The little pacifier idea was just too good to pass up!
The turtle is supposed to be sleeping on a blanket (or waves, whichever you prefer).
Now the following is a bit of our process in creating 4 raised beds to grow lots of vegetables this year. They are all popping up now, and Luke loves helping me water (or drown) everything =: )So we laid newspaper down right on the grass, put our little weed-mat-stapled-to-the- bed frame on top of that, filled it with dirt, cow poop, and peat moss, planted some seeds and plants, watered, and voila':
Now we just have to wait and see if we get to eat our vegetables, or all the creatures of the earth do.Mother duties are desperately calling my name now, so take care and have a lovely weekend!
Charis-
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the cake and cupcakes! I also was tickled to see that you used the cake stand we used in our wedding! :) I love the outfit you're wearing in the picture.
I love reading your blog.
cool cake!
ReplyDeletei can't wait to to see you, your garden, your babies-- 6 more weeks!! xoxo