A few of my favorite things from Christmas:
Playing Christmas music on not just one, but THREE occasions =: ) I had a blast playing for the Lancaster Chorale's Christmas Concert, Ed's grandmom's nursing home (boy do they appreciate carols!) and our Christmas Eve service at church. A bit much all in one week, but it was worth it!
Skyping far-away family (on both sides). What a treat when the real visit is not to be had!
Watching Joyeux Noel on Christmas afternoon with my Edward. Great movie, with a great husband, on a great day!
Picking out a real Christmas tree on a muddy mountain with two baby boys. What a blast (ok, you can read in sarcasm if you want, but we really did get a lovely tree, don't you think?).
Making a new recipe that was AMAZING~ King Arthur's Butter Pecan Cookies. And they're all gone.
Going to Christmas parties instead of throwing them =: ) As much as I love hosting holiday shindigs, it was nice this year just being able to go and enjoy good food, good friends, and happy kids, and then coming home to a clean (ish) and quiet home.
Oh yes, and last but not least, the smile on our kids faces as they opened up their presents. And knowing that next year there will be another kiddo to smile at such pleasures =: )
I hope you had a very merry Christmas too. If you have the time I'd love to know one of your favorite memories from this past Christmas...
another kiddo!!! So exciting!! Happy Christmas, indeed. Your boys are so handsome, Charis. Wish we could meet them and hang out with you & Ed!
ReplyDeleteThat would be wonderful! You're more than welcome to stop by if you're ever in the area, and believe me, if I ever make it up to upstate NY again I'll be sure to visit!
ReplyDeleteSuch a precious post!
ReplyDeleteOne of my favorite simple memories from Christmas day was walking through the woods with Steph and Mary Ellen. It wasn't a long walk,but it was beautiful and I think I enjoyed every moment of it.