Monday, June 18, 2012

Matt and Leah's Wedding

 On Saturday, my dear brother-in-law and his bride got MARRIED! From Thursday night to Sunday afternoon, we celebrated in Winchester VA with a whirlwind of parties, perfect weather, and organized, stress free preparation for the big day. (I say that for everyone that was not also taking care of two youngsters in the midst of the festivities...but actually, as exhausted as we were, stressed we were not!)
The only con in a family wedding that you and your husband are in is that you don't get very many pictures. But I assure you we had a great time and are so happy for Matt and Leah.

So here are a few of the memories we snapped when we could:

I got to contribute a cake to the cause...which turned out great even after a three hour drive =: )
 These little guys danced the night away until 10 pm! That dance floor could not contain such energy!
 Leah's whole concept for the wedding and reception was just gorgeous: Hanging lanterns, little vases of flowers and books decorated the tables with burlap napkin holders and lace accents, wonderful music, a candy and cookie bar, a signature Hawaiian drink (they're moving back there on Thursday so Matt can finish up his time there serving in the Navy), an absolutely delicious array of food...I really don't think I've been to a wedding that went more smoothly or was more thought out with such beautiful personal touches!
 Aside from family, we got to see a few friends too that made the drive... Fun fun!
Fun with Daddy:

We will all have such wonderful memories to talk of for years to come, that's for sure =: ) Congratulations Matt and Leah!



















No comments:

Post a Comment