Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I am a child of God...

Tis a rainy day where my kids are sleeping a little longer than usual (thank you God!)...
So here's a bit that's been on my mind. Notice how this blog will be made up of very short sentences. That's how I've been thinking as of late. The simpler the better.
God's been speaking to my heart these simple words here and there as I call out to him in even simpler, much more childlike cries:



i am exhausted

I AM EVER-STRONG

i am frustrated

I AM PATIENCE

i am not in control

I AM

i am failing (or so it seems)

I AM SUCCESS

i am anxious

I AM PEACE

i am tired

I AM HELP
 
i am a child

I AM YOUR GOD.



Father, you're all I need
 My soul's sufficiency
My strength when I am weak
 The love that carries me
Your arms enfold me
 til I am only
A child of God.
                                
                        Kathryn Scott


2 comments:

  1. Short, sweet...and simple, perhaps, but profound for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeane'! I hope your life is a tad bit less hectic now with a couple kids off to school! Where does the time go??

    ReplyDelete