Yeah so last week I did something a little crazy. Well, not too crazy I guess as it turns out. I had to bring my parents to the airport, and Longwood is only a 10 minute detour on the way home. Plus there's a new Chick-fil-a that we passed to get our 'picnic' a la 'no-fuss'. (My favorite kind!)
~Just so you know, I'm listening to Micheal Buble' right now on Pandora...geez, does he have a sweeeeet voice!!
So anyway, we arrived at one of my most favorite places on earth at 11 am, and ate our decadent nuggets outside the entrance, had my first experience getting them all bathroomed and changed (including the relief for moi) and off we go to get our, scratch that, MY ticket. Fortunately, for women insane enough to take any or all of their children under 4, they don't charge you a penny. They do, however, hand out a lovely ticket that Luke was very excited to have scanned.
So strolling along with a happy 10 month old (mostly due to graham crackers and plenty of people smiling at her), and two boys that apparently LOVE flowers and trees and sun and being outside, fountains, children's gardens, more fountains (I miraculously had another pair of clothes for Evan in the car, due to said fountainage he needed it!), carillon bells ringing and mommy happy, WE HAD A GRAND OLD TIME!
Only sadness that I did not have hubby or a friend to share said experience with. But there WILL be a next time!
~ While waiting for these pictures to upload, I just polished off the last 6 chocolate covered strawberries we made yesterday. Can I say happy mother's day to me??
All things bright and beautiful
All creatures great and small
All things wise and wonderful
The Lord God made them all!
For the Beauty of the Earth
For the Glory of the skies
For the Love which from our birth
Over and around us lies:
Lord of All, to Thee we raise
This our hymn of grateful praise!
I had one pooped out little girl by the end, but all in all a successful excursion.
Is it any wonder that God placed Man in a garden for his first home? If I won a million dollars, I would most certainly make a backyard Eden of sorts...fountains, a pond with big fat goldfish, herb gardens, the works!
Thanks Mr. Dupont, for the legacy you left all our happy eyes and refreshed spirits~
And thanks to Master Creator, who made all these flowering trees and plants in all their lush array in the first place!
I love that you did this! beautiful pictures, Charis!
ReplyDelete