Friday, June 21, 2013

In this moment...

5:47 pm. At this very moment, there is peace in my home.

Luke is playing happily upstairs,

Kelly is driving a car,

Evan is amusing himself with Kelly driving her car.

Is there mess in my home? Yes.

Did I get to the bathrooms today? You guess.

Is dinner on the table? Or even thought about? Nopey.

But I'm going to revel in this moment. Look at my children in awe.

This peace will not last an hour, or possibly even ten minutes, but it's moments like these that God comforts my heart that sometimes, those blessed sometimes, parenting IS do-able. Parenting IS awesome. And there are disastrously too many people in this world without these moments of peace.

Even though at times the chaos seems Everest-like, the glimpses of the View keep us going.

O God, I thank you for this moment!




No comments:

Post a Comment