Yesterday I woke up with the idea that we should go to CEFC (where I grew up) for church and then head over to my parent's place so my Dad could take some decent pictures of our family in the pretty October colors. As I thought this about 20 minutes before we would need to leave, let's just say I wasn't as prepared as I should have been. But nonetheless, our day turned out to be absolutely beautiful. After church my dad ( in his classic spontaneous way) wanted to take us to St. Peter's village to try this very old/ newly renovated Village Inn restaurant where we had a lovely brunch ( and we even got to sit on the dining porch outside overlooking the rocky creek). After we ate we took Luke down to play with the rocks, which I think he would have contentedly done for 3 hours straight.
Alas, he was SOOO enamored with throwing little rocks onto the big rocks that out of about 50 pictures my dad took we managed to get about 3 decent family photos =: ) And if you're happening to wonder why Evan is wearing a Small Paul freaky monkey shirt that I love (my sis sent that to me from Seattle =: ) for our family photo the answer is that this little bundle of joy pooped through his whole outfit while we were eating brunch. So thank goodness I had something for him to wear. You know the motto:
"Always be prepared"- ish!
So here's some of my favorite shots from St. Pete's:
"For the beauty of the earth,
For the glory of the skies.
For the love which from our birth
Over and around us lies.
Lord of all to thee we raise
I, for one, am impressed that you, with only 20 minutes prep time-remembered to bring an extra outfit. BIG time points towards "Mother of the Year" for that! (in case you didn't know).
ReplyDeleteWe have enjoyed dinner on that same porch with a glorious view...and what a perfect day to enjoy it! Thank you for sharing, my friend!!!
yay for pictures and family outings and fall leaves! we've had so much rain our leaves are all soaking and not good for drying and hanging up! every time we get a sunny day i think "ok, today i MUST get some fresh leaves before it rains" and then it rains before i get to them. :(
ReplyDeleteluke is just too cute throwing the rocks for hours.
so was francis.
boys!
Jeremy and I have been meaning to go there, we just haven't yet. It sounds like fun!
ReplyDeletesuper cute pictures! Maybe we could talk your Dad into taking some family photos for us when they visit. Love the fall colors, makes me homesick!
ReplyDelete