Tuesday, October 5, 2010

"Let's start at the very beginning, a very good place to start." The Sound of Music

So I have finally decided to blog... Not just so that my family members and dear friends, that are spread all over the country, can catch up on charisisms and pictures of my boys, but that I, after 4 years post college, can stimulate my brain. That's exactly what I need right now. MENTAL STIMULATION. I know you young mothers out there will agree with me that sometimes raising young children is entertaining, delightful, fun, challenging, and so forth, but let's face it: "Winnie-the-Pooh and Tigger too" does not fall under the adult brain food category.


I want this blog to be a refreshment to your mind, heart, and soul, as well as mine. Everyone needs something fresh now and then, and so with pictures, stories, prayers, recipes, and whatever else pops into my head, I hope you will always leave refreshed from visiting this little part of the internet world.


And so it begins:


I would like to start with several things that make me happy, that bring me pleasure...
This man. Edward O'Connell, otherwise known as the handsomest man EVER!!! My best friend turned husband. How lucky am I?!

 Number 2: My dear husband who is in love with our first son, Luke. It always makes me smile when he teaches Luke something new. The fist pump is not new, but it was at one time pre-blog, and so I thought I'd include it. The shirt is an awesome find my dad picked up in Wildwood this summer.

Number 3: (this one is random, but hey) When a woman is in labor, it is the little things that make it bearable: Like ducky thermometers in the labor tub. Thank you, o birth center, for the smile =: )

So this picture doesn't necessarily bring me pleasure (at the thought of being so HUGE) but I'd like to share it for those of you who did not get to see me the day before little Evan entered this world. And to think I thought I still had a week to go! Thank you God! And speaking of little Evan...

Now how could a face like that not brighten your day? There is nothing quite like the smile of a child to bless one's heart. And so with this I will leave you...until next time =: )

5 comments:

  1. Charis!!!!
    I am SO honored to be the first to comment on this awesome new blog "Simple Pleasures"!!!! I am so excited and will be a faithful follower!!!! Yay!!!!!
    (It may be possible that I overused exclaimation points in this comment, but one must be assured of my enthusiasm, so I overdosed on them!!!!). ;)
    Seriously. I'm thrilled. Way to write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, you have a blog! You just made my day!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! I'm thrilled to be able to keep up with your adventures via blog:). Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very fun charis, loved the pictures :) looking forward to more too

    ReplyDelete