...that bring pleasure to God.
Simple. Not easy.
To change how we live, we must first change how we think.
So here's a few challenges I have laid down for myself. Perhaps you will join me?
~ Don't just think about people, pray for them~
I certainly think about tons of people all the time, but how often to I pray for them? Even short, simple prayers? I'd be loathe to answer that right now. But what a better world this would be if Christians everywhere prayed as easily as breathing.
~Do to others what you would have them do to you~
11 words to sum up a life goal. Starting with my husband and children.
~ Wag more, bark less~
Enough said.
And since I heard somewhere that three is the magic (or maximum) number for the finite human brain to really grasp new ideas, I'll stop there. And if you're like me one of these statements is enough to keep me on my toes for quite some time. But how I long for MASTERY over my thoughts to become prayers, to practice the sweet kindness I crave others to give to me, and to complain much less and have genuine excitement for life much more!
I'd love to learn what your favorite sayings/verses are~
Until next time, Happy December!
I like the new blog redesign Charis:)
ReplyDeleteHello Charis, (love that name) thank you for dropping by my blog. So happy when "new" friends come over! We live in Strasburg, I'd say that's about 45 minutes from Reading...give or take a little.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!! Feel free to contact me at jj9702@juno.com if you'd like more information or to purchase a gift certificate....thanks again!!