Monday, March 26, 2012

Hawaii...Part 3

 Ok, so here we are on a little one acre size lava island...ahem, I mean Bird Sanctuary! The guys did this stand-up paddle board thing which looked a little crazy to me, so I opted for the kayak route. Right in Kailua Bay, where the mountains loom on one side and the endless sea on the other, and the crystal blue warm water underneath (including a few sea turtle sightings!) we spent several not quite relaxing but WONDERFUL hours! As I was sitting in the kayak with all this beauty around me, it struck me that just the night before I had read in Psalm 136:5-6~

Give thanks...to Him who alone does great wonders, 
His love endures forever.
Who made the heavens so skillfully...
and set the earth upon the waters, 
His love endures forever.

 Next up was exploring the 'underworld' by means of snorkeling in very calm, clear waters. Thanks Matt for showing us Hanauma Bay too! We saw all kinds of beautiful fish, sea turtles munching away...just look how blue that water is behind us. Well, everywhere!



 Another day Joe took us to this little island off shore up in the North Shore area, where we had to wade a couple hundred yards over some pretty jagged reefy rock (thanks water shoes!) to another minature paradise for birds. On the other side of that land oasis were the most magnificent deathly dangerous waves crashing into the lava rock that I have EVER seen. Too bad we didn't take our camera...but I will never forget those waves!



 Blonnie and I on the windiest spot on the whole island I bet! And below the boys are trying to show just how windy by leaning into the gusts! Can't remember the name of this lookout but it was gorgeous, and right in the middle of the mountain range that Jurassic Park and Lost were filmed in.


Maui: After spending a week with the Crispins and Matt, we headed off on a 25 minute flight to Maui for another 6 days to enjoy...Whales, rain forests, more snorkeling, good food, and more sun! And again, I can't believe how blue the water is there. Magnificent!

 Hello humpback whale! Thanks for making our trip truly memorable!

View from the beach in Kihei, a 30 second walk from our resort. Everyone would line up for the 5 minutes it took for the sun to set and totally disappear. It was so fast! But apparently lingering sunsets do not exist so close to the equator, which I did not know. In another 7 seconds this sun was gone! But our evenings were full of very bright stars =: )

Ok, back to non-vacation life with a bang! Boys fighting, dinner is needing someone to make it, and pink-eye medicine needs to be administered. Sigh...And Luke is DEMANDING more crackers. So got to go!

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment