Wednesday, May 30, 2012

"I'm pregnant and I know it"

 Bam...there it is. But there are pros to having a huge 35 week round girl bulge protruding from one's front side.
Here are several I take advantage of on a regular basis:

1. Table top for folding laundry, eating ice cream (or anything), and driving toy cars on.

2. A great conversation starter amongst strangers. Hmm, the most common among men is "wow! did you swallow a watermelon?" Ed advised me to respond, "No, just the seed." 

3. Flattery of being stared at. I like to think it's my stunning good looks =; ), but the truth is that what they're really thinking is ' that poor haggard waddler' !!

4. But my favorite: A pillow for little sons' heads to lay on or stroke. 

5. And last but not least- being able to eat, eat, eat!

So besides resting as much as my kids will allow as we all  anxiously wait for (fingers crossed) a little girl to enter our lives, here are some of the happy things that make the days pass a little quicker:

~Hand in hand~
 Cape May B&B
with my best friend

 Latest consignment store find...A lovely wooden kitchen with all the wooden food 
and pots and pantry staples a little boy ( or girl) could want =: )


Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Charis! thank you for taking the time to comment over at my blog!

    that kitchen? oh.my.word, so sweet! great deal. i had no idea we were so close to one another in this journey...loved all your positives, the "table" one is a fav of mine as well. and wherever you birth, it's about you doing what YOU and your husband are comfortable with....i grew up with my sisters having their babies at home when medically possible so it's really second nature to me. although i do wonder what it would be like to be at the birth center, i have heard nothing but GOOD about it. here's to the final "sprint"/waddle :) to the finish!

    janelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. "no, just the seed..." I'm gonna have to remember that in about 5 months! Too funny. Can't wait to "meet" your baby girl (via pictures, of course)!

    What a great find on the little kitchen - too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you and Ed on another "seed!" (Love that!) Your boys are so precious! When are you due? Hope that you're feeling/doing well until the next little one's arrival. I agree with the others: Fantastic play kitchen!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susie! We're due July 8th ish =: ) Hope you and your family are doing well!

      Delete
  4. You're beautiful.
    I love your outlook, too- and those pictures!

    ReplyDelete