Friday, June 22, 2012

Life's little accomplishments...

 
 Anyone who has been or is a mother of young children will understand that some days are harder than others, especially as far as feeling like you accomplished anything in comparison to...anyone (or so it can so easily seem sometimes). And being two weeks or so away from bringing another baby into this world, my accomplishments each day are getting simpler and simpler. Which is good in some ways I guess. I'm really trying to rest and enjoy this time I have with just my boys and take care of little odds and ends here and there.

So here are a few accomplishments that have been made in this household this week that I can look back and smile on:

~ Fresh strawberry crepes...BY MYSELF! Thanks Mom and Dad for a little alone time, and the strawberries that I cannot pick this season!

~ Fresh picked flowers from my garden:

~Very likely the only fruit tart I will make this summer, but boy was it a good one! Sorry for not sharing!

~ Choosing a boy name (just in case) and narrowing down our girl list to some final contestants =: )

 ~ Teaching Luke how to spell his name.


 ~ Embracing imagination: Scrabble tiles as ice cubes and the holders as straws for wine! That's right, wine! So tasty...


~ Filling up Evan's love cup after Luke goes to bed. He loves his one on one mommy/daddy time!
~ Organizing pictures from Hawaii and finally getting around to making a photo book from our trip.
~ Mopping the floor...a rare but 'happy feet' feat!
~ Bringing the boys to the pool =: )

Also, after Luke, Daddy, cake, hot, juice, and duck, Evan finally says Mommy or something to that effect. I'm so glad I'm so high up on the list of important names to learn!!

Thanking God for these little joys and enjoying frozen pizza tonight so I had time to share with you...Until next time!

~Charis

1 comment:

  1. The crepes look perfect! And I sure hope that frozen pizza had time to unfreeze and bake before your tired, hungry self finally got to eat it. 2 weeks until you meet your baby girl! So excited for you. :o)

    ReplyDelete